Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns hoarding and/or sharing given content on a server handled by a web hosting vendor. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's take a glimpse at them. Thus, you can choose what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to launch a web site, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution offered by given vendors, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally mistaken explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would split the workload between individual sets of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is suitable if you would like to share an enormous amount of pics with friends or acquaintances since the service is typically free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your e-mail address accounts. Some corporations provide web page hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you desire to run a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to run as many video files as you wish without bothering about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to run a web site. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and electronic mail accounts, upload video files, etc. At Conspire Web Services, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for particular content solely.